Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm Back!

My frame is fine, I have the proper seat mast, and after a long break I got back on the bike this weekend for a great ride in Boulder. I did the Lee Hill to Ward ride. It is 33 miles total with lots of climbing and a fast 55 mph decent (that is all I had the guts for). The weather was perfect and I road fast but still got passed by some local cycling freaks on the way up. People in Boulder are so fit. I love this ride and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good climb. The road is new and smooth and the decent is scary fast. When I stopped for water I watched two riders pass by going really fast. They were totally silent until they passed by with a whoosh and silent again. It was so cool sounding.

I was on the Rapha website today and they make some really cool stuff. It is expensive and totally out of my budget but super cool! Check it out at http://www.rapha.cc/. I saw Andy Hampsten at a Champions for Children shindig. I didn't know much about him before the meeting but he told some stories and talked about his Passo Di Gavia in 1988. He was very humble about the whole thing but after learning more about it (like his frozen drive train and pile of snow on the top of his head) I am convinced he is a stud. Here is his retro jersey by Rapha (pink never was more manly):

Here is Andy in the jersey:


Cycling Hat that is just cool!



Most of the cycling photography on other sites fall short of having the soul and feeling of what Rapha is doing. Check out the images below. The picture where a dude is taking a leak on a dumpster is so cool and the last one of the mountain landscape is a religious experience. Enjoy!

No comments: